The Orange County Child Care and Development Planning Council (Council) consists of 40 members appointed by the Orange County Board of Supervisors and the Orange County Superintendent of Schools. Council members serve a two-year term and can serve more than once. New members are recruited each spring to fill any vacancies. Contact Susan Shepardson at email@example.com with any questions.
Members are placed in various categories described below:
- Child Care Provider: A person who provides child care services or represents a person who provides child care services.
- Consumer: A parent or person who receives, or has received child care services within the past 36 months.
- Public Agency Representative: A person who represents a city, the county, or a local educational agency.
- Community Representative: A person who represents an agency or business that provides private funding or child care services, or who advocates for child care services through participation in civic or community-based organizations but is not a child care provider and does not contract with California Department of Education for child care and development services.
- Discretionary: A person who is appointed at the discretion of Orange County Board of Supervisors and Orange County Superintendent of Schools.
Tiffany Alva, First 5 OC, Children & Families Commission
Janet Anderson-Deusenberry - Holy Family Catholic Preschool
Penny Andrews - Brea Olinda Unified School District
Sandy Avzaradel - Early Childhood OC/Charitable Ventures
Scott Ayres - Spectrum Montessori
Kamica Barnes - OC Department of Education, Special Education
Dolores Barrett - Community Action Partnership OC
Chris Becerra - Chris Becerra Consulting/Consumer
Sue Bierlich - Retired, Nature Preschool Director
Seon Chun-Burbank - Vanguard Unversity of Southern California
Julie DeLorenzo - Irvine Unified School District
Wendi Evans - The LGBTQ Center of Orange County
Maureen Fitzpatrick - Retired, California State University San Marcos
Dr. Elida Garcia - Orange County Department of Education, Early Learning
Fritzi Gragg - Cataylist Families, Inc.
Nadhira Hathotuwegama - Little Scholars Academy of California/Consumer
Darcie Kass - A Child's Place Learning Center
Jennifer Kinkel - Fullerton College
Kathleen Leary - Newport-Mesa Unified School District
Janneth Linnell - Rancho Santiago Community College District
Lee Lombardo - YMCA Community Services/YMCA of Orange County
Yessika Magdaleno - Little Flowers Family Child Care
Bertha Manzanares - Community Care Licensing
Kathleen McFarlin - Regional Center of Orange County
Diane Montano - Regional Coordinator California State PTA
Bryan Nguyen - VSA SoCAL Non-Profit Organization/Consumer
Valerie Padilla - Orange County Head Start, Inc.
Deanna Parga - Help Me Grow Orange County
Megan Pritchard - Lake Forest Mom's Club/Consumer
Yumi Ramirez - Boys & Girls Club of Garden Grove
Lisa Sciabica - Mariners Church Preschool
Amanda Selogie - Inclusion Education Project
Lisa Stambolis - Families Forward
Traci Stubbler - The City of Irvine, Community Services
Larua Vidal - Califroia Early Childhood Mentor Program
Scarlett vonThenen - California State Council on Developmental Disabilities