Finding Child Care
Child Care is one of the most important decisions a family will make. It is most important that families select child care that meets the special, physical, social, emotional, cognitive, behavioral, and creative needs of their children. These lay an important foundation for school readiness and support academic achievement.
- Who can I call for referrals for child care around my work or home?
- What types of child care are there?
- What do I look for in a quality child care center?
- What if I need help paying for child care and development services?
- Orange County Child Care Eligibility List for Alternative Payment Programs -- Managed by Children's Home Society of California, connects parents searching for help paying for child care, with the programs providing assistance. Can also provide a list of additional programs providing subsidies for child care. Parents must meet eligibility requirements.
- Orange County Head Start-- A comprehensive child development program designed to meet the education, emotional, social, health, and nutritional needs for enrolled children and families. Parents must meet eligibility requirements.
- What if my child has special needs?